Langley owns and operates hotels that provide active relaxation for a discerning audience.
Carefully selected destinations, a high level of personal service, stimulating activities and
superb food ensure our guests enjoy an unforgettable experience
As a Reception Supervisor you are responsible toTo meet and greet guests in the hotel and act as the hotels primary representative towards guests and suppliers, including face-to-face contact as well as administrative duties.
Ensure that the highest standard of service and guest care is delivered in the department, including, but limited to, recruitment, training and supervision.
Main Duties / Tasks
• In charge of entire Reception shift during Reception Manager’s absence.
• Be able to cover all duties normally performed by receptionist; follow the current Reception Checklists.
• Monitor all reservations in order to ensure that the availability each day is correct
• Strive to optimize the occupancy rate, the average price per room and the turnover of FRR
• Ensure perfect staff performance and discipline, training of new staff and supervision of the entire team; close collaboration with Reception Manager
• Establish good working relationships with the guests and visitors
• Update and monitor guest history. Be able to recognize and always greet returning guests.
• Always be aware of upcoming groups, VIPs etc. and be able to take appropriate action.
• Apply and implement procedures; existing or new to be implemented upon instruction from any department. Always be up to date.
• Know all services offered by the hotel and encourage guests to use them during their stay at the hotel
• Know the pricing policy of the hotel, the internal regulation as well as cancellation policy
• Know the FRR Fire Procedures and function of the defibrillator at reception.
• Aware of all Langley Brand policies and requirements standards
• Be able to deal with any ev. guest incident.
• Know the local environment of the hotel; city, culture, activities, shopping malls, and general information
• Listen to the guest at all times, strive to answer all requests from the guests as quickly as possible.
• Always be able to step up and take the overall responsibility for any customer complaint, as well as ensuring an efficient solution and a rapid response towards guest. Complaints should be handled tactfully and diplomatically.
• Know how to fill in an Incident Report and ensure together with Reception Manager that reception team shares this knowledge.
• Strive to keep communication between Housekeeping, Reception and Maintenance smooth, fast and frictionless. Follow up guest room issues when needed.
• Forward all relevant information to the other departments in the hotel
• Ensure that the service offered and the provisions provided to the guests are up to company standard.
• Ensure that the telephone, Internet and safe deposit services are available for the guest.
• Be able to program keys in guest door locking program Inhova.
• Create and update reservations, allocations, group reservations, multi-room reservations
• Ensure follow up of billing instructions (correct room billing, package, ledger, room rate etc.)
• Register check-in and departures of all individuals and groups. Collaborate with Reception Manager and ensure credit limit and that arrival and departure clearance checks are carried out on every shift.
• Prepare lists of arrivals, departures, residents etc. Make sure that any written request on such list is taken care of.
• Together with Reception Manager prepare appropriate training of night receptionist so he/she can handle any late arrival/walk-in.
• Ensure cleanliness and order of the work space as well as back office/common administrative areas
• Keep track of back office stock/reception consumables, inform Reception Manager of stock status if needed.
• Check the reports/changes/log for Housekeeping and notify HK Responsible of any discrepancies, preferably per mail.
• Together with Reception Manager take responsibility for the petty cash float for all shifts, in total 650€ that should be stored away upon closing after verification together with witness.
• Control and follow up of any discrepancies on the Daily Balance sheets (Telecollects, non-functioning TPEs or POS/PME, Payment Method errors etc.). Always communicate any difference to Reception Manager who will take appropriate action.
• If requested by Reception Manager, prepare bank deposits, cheques, Cheque ANCV to FRR coordinator as per given instructions.
• Shared responsibility with Reception Manager for any forgotten valuable item; ensure that proper action is taken to retrieve its owner/stored away safely/report or hand in to local authorities.
• Requisitioning items/forms
• Following up on unsettled bills
• Follow up on extension of stay and billing arrangements
• Ensure that all entries in logbook is read and followed up if necessary
• Conduct training
• Take part in the technical training of trainees within the department
• Take part in internal training sessions and departmental meetings
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by other manager
• Any issue should be followed up with concerned department, and all irregularities reported to Reception Manager without delay
The job requires English and French as language skills and minimum one year of previous experience as Receptionist, Front Office Shift leader or as Assistant Front Office Manager.
We always look for a commitment of min. 1 year. The position is to be filled from 2nd October 2017 until 22nd August 2018.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org